Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Preschool: A Closer Look - Trace and Build Letters

I'm excited to finally have our Trace and Build Letters laminated and cut and ready to use!  We talked about the letter "M" today during school, so we got to use the trace and build "M" page for the first time!  Trevor was really excited, as he is with anything new.



First I had him draw the lines used to make the letter M.  I thought he did a fairly good job.  The lines are not straight, but I could tell that he was trying.  We are working on holding writing utensils correctly.  He doesn't do it well yet, but at least this is better than clenching it in a fist!  I think his favorite part is wiping the page off after he is done =)



Next I gave him the correct pieces needed to build the letter "M."  I was impressed that he got the concept without me really explaining it.  Next time I might give him more pieces than he needs and let him try to pick the right ones out.



I knew this last part would be too advanced, but I thought I would give it a try.  I took the page away and asked him if he could make an "M" with the pieces.  At least he got the pieces in the right order!  I guess in an abstract sort of way it is an "M"  =)

Have you Downloaded these FREE Trace and Build Printables yet?





 photo SubscribeButton_zpsdc17ac56.png

 ________________________________________________________________


Looking for more preschool information?  Click on the picture below to find a list of all the preschool posts here at Living and Learning at Home, plus some of my favorite preschool resources!


2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to figure out how exactly how this is done. Do you make multiple copies of the pieces and laminate them so they are used multiple times? I can't figure out how to put this into motion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! What I did was print out the pages once (on cardstock I think), and then I laminated them. There are enough pieces to make a few letters at a time. If you wanted to be able to make every letter at once, you would have to print more of the pieces and laminate them. Do you have the templates and printables yet? I just realized that my link wasn't right in this post, so here is the link if you need it: http://www.livingandlearningathome.com/2014/01/a-z-trace-and-build-templates.html

      Let me know if you have any more questions!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...